Drive thru or drive in racking is a popular storage option, due to the ability to store up to 75% more pallets than standard pallet rack. However, drive in rack is not ideal for all storage applications. Here are some key tips on when to use drive in:
– Drive-In Rack is used to stock pallets of similar products. Forklifts drive into the rack to pull the first available pallet. This is “Last-In, First-Out” storage. If you are storing time sensitive product (e.g. food), this may not be the best application.
– Drive in rack is commonly used for cold storage applications because to the need to store as much product in as little expensive freezer space as possible.
– Seasonal items that progress swiftly through inventory.
– A considerable amount of similar items that can be stored in a single pallet position and accessed last-in, first-out
– If the storage capacities of all your loads are similar, than drive in rack can be considered, as well.
If you want to maximise your warehouse space through the use of second hand or new drive in racking, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on 0800 345 7088 or send an email to [email protected]
Make sure you follow #TeamAdvanced on Social media for all our latest news and offers.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Connect with us on LinkedIn
Subscribe to Our YouTube channel
Follow us on GooglePlus
Read our other blogs on Medium
Follow us on Instagram