Updated April 2018
Scope and Purpose
– For the purpose of applicable data protection laws Advanced Handling & Storage Ltd is the “Data Controller”. This means that we determine the purpose for which, and the manner in which your data is processed.
Advanced Handling & Storage Ltd will collect the following data from you that may include personal and identifiable data such as:
– Your name
– Contact Information such as email address and telephone number
– Demographic information such as post codes, preferences and interests etc.
– IP addresses
– Web browser type and version
– Operating systems
– Device information i.e. tablet, pc or laptop
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Data that may be given by you the user
Advanced Handling & Storage Ltd may collect the following data given to us by you the user during your use of the website
– When you contact us through the website, our chat service, telephone or email.
– When you register with us to receive further information for example signing up to a newsletter.
– In the completion of any surveys.
– When you elect to receive marketing communication from us.
– When you use, buy or request any of our products and services.
Data that may be collected automatically
To the extent that you access the website, we may collect some data automatically. For example:
– We will automatically collect some information about your website visit. This helps us make improvements to our website content and navigation. Data includes your IP address, date of your visit, time of your visit and frequency in which you access the website as well as the ways in which you interact with its contents.
Our use of data
Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best service and experience possible when using our website.
Data may also be used for the following:
– Internal record keeping.
– Improvements to products and services offered.
– Marketing material that we feel is specific and of interest to you.
We may use your data for the above purposes if we deem necessary to do so for our legitimate interest. If you are not satisfied with the way we use your data you do have the right to object by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we share your data with
We will share your data with the following groups, for the following reasons:
– Our employees – so to ensure that you obtain the best possible service and experience from us.
– Third parties such as suppliers and sub-contractors in order to fulfil all aspects of your requirements from enquiry, quotation and to fulfil any obligations of the sale.
Keeping data secure
All data that is held by us is secure and held on secure servers. Technical and organisational measures are in place to monitor this and deal with any suspected breaches.
If you suspect any misuse of your data or any unauthorised use of your data then please contact email@example.com
Unless a longer period is required or permitted by law we will only hold your data in our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purpose it was required.
You have the right to:
– Access data the data that we hold on you at any time.
– Have the right to correct your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
– Ask us to erase your data from our system.
– Have the right to restrict the use of your data.
Links to other websites
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest offers
Thanks for subscribing
Website designed & developed by hush.digital